Friday 4 May 2012

My Favourite Things



So I am packing to move (again, renting in Hong Kong sucks!) and this is giving me a perfect opportunity to have a sort out. First on the agenda are my beauty products. As I was clearing out my cosmetics case I was struck by how much stuff I have that I never use, whoops, but also but the products which I use at least daily if not more... I decided to share my Top Ten 'can't live without' products with you...

From top, left to right:

1. Benefit Boi-ing Concealer
Claims to be 'industrial strength' and it lives up to the claim. I use this everyday under the eyes for dark circles and it is also pretty good at dabbing on red spots to conceal them. I tried to switch to Touche Eclat due to other reviews, but keep returning to Boiing... Plus everyone that I have introduced to this product is now an avid user... Definitely worth a try!

By itself or over colour, I find this to be a reliable classic.

I don't really have anything to compare these too - I'm still on my first pair, now several years old and going strong. They curl my lashes easily, I don't need them to do anything else!

4. Black Eyeliner Pencil
My initiation into the world of eyeliner has been fairly recent, so I am just finishing my first pencil. I am currently using Bourjois 'Clubbing Waterproof Eyeliner' in ultra black. I brought this product because it was cheap and I wanted to try it out before investing in a more expensive version. I am now hooked on the discreet smudge I can create which adds definition to my eyes. After a month I decided to upgrade and brought the Dior eyeliner pencil. To be honest, the Dior pencil is not as good, so I think I need further advice and research before my next purchase. It is definitely a firm staple in my makeup bag.

Any advice would be very welcome!

5. Nars 'Paris' Eyeshadow Duo
I used to find dark eyeshadow worrisome; does it make my eyes smoulder or do I look like I have had a rather violent altercation? After lots of trial and error I have settled on this Nars duo as my 'go to' night out make up. The powder has a really smooth finish and blends easily which I think that it makes the application much easier than other brands.

6. Clinque High Impact Curling Mascara
I don't leave the house without mascara on! This is my everyday staple. It is not so much 'high impact' as it is reliable. It doesn't clump, and it does let lashes hold their curl. Also, it washes off with water - so much better for your skin!

7. Nars 'Orgasm' Multiple Stick
A light delicate pink with a slight shimmer. This can be used on lips, cheeks, eyelids. Perfect for travelling or popping in your handbag for day to night transitions on the go...

Cure all! I put this on dry skin, chapped skin, cuts, spots, bites, sunburn... I have it at home, in my bag, in my desk at work. Maybe it's an addiction? Well, I recommend it...

9. Chanel Rouge Coco 'Boy' Lipstick
The only lipstick I regularly wear, it looks natural on me and I like how it moisturises the skin. Plus carrying around a 'Chanel' is always good!

10. Laura Mercier Smokey Neutrals Trio
I think neutral eyes are a classic and at the moment I am using this palette. Laura Mercier shadows don't crease and are easy to blend. Packaging seems a little cheap, but I think the product is up to scratch!

2 comments:

  1. awesome stuff,I just did a post of my favs and I have the concealer is great love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete